Cook's Recycling Center
The Cook's Waste Recycling Center is easy to find in Brookings. Head east on 6th Street just past the Swiftel Center and then take the first left onto 34th Avenue. We are located about one-half mile north on 34th Avenue on the east side of the road.
Cook's Waste Recycling Center
1026 34th Ave
Brookings, SD 57006
Monday-Friday 8AM to Noon; 1PM to 5PM
Saturday 8AM to Noon
Please check the list of items we accept before bringing them to the recycling center.
- We buy aluminum cans. Please keep these separate from other recycling materials.
- All clean and dry items may be comingled into one container or bag.
- There is no cost to drop off approved recycling items.
For safety and environmental reasons, it is important NOT to bring unacceptable items to the Cook’s Recycling Center. If an item is not listed below it means we do not accept it.
No loose caps
- Retail & grocery bags enclosed in clear, tied bag
- Bags (dry cleaning, clean zip lock, tightly knot closed together in 1 clear plastic bag)
- Food and beverage cartons (juice, milk, ice cream)
- Plastic bottles, jugs and tubs (+ attached caps)
- Prescription bottles, lids on (empty with no paper, foil)
Must be clean and dry
- Books, paperback only
- Chip board (cereal, pop, boxes)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Magazines, catalogs, junk mail
- Newspapers and inserts
- Office paper
- Paper egg cartons
- Shredded paper in clear, tied, plastic bag
If an item is not listed on the acceptable list above, it probably is NOT acceptable.
- Ashes, hot or cold
- Bandages or gauze
- Batteries, all
- Books, hard cover
- Bright Paper
- Dirt, rocks, or gravel
- Electronic media tapes, CDs, DVDs
- Eye Glasses (donate)
- Fast food & to-go containers
- Food bags (cereal)
- Food bags (chips, frozen food)
- Garbage or Trash
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Medical waste
- Paper plates
- Plastic bags (grocery/Walmart)
- Plastic silverware, straw, lids
- Sharps or Needles
- Steel pieces
- Styrofoam (cups, plates, packing, egg cartons)
- Tissues, gift wrap, paper towels
- Tubing or Catheters
- Wax paper, foil paper
- Window or mirror glass
- Wood waste
- Yard waste
All of us at Cook's Waste thank you for only bringing approved, clean items to the recycling center. This insures the usefulness of the recycled materials and safety of everyone.
Call Cook's Waste:
1026 34th Avenue,
Brookings, SD 57706